
On Thursday our parish school graduated its 8th graders. To prepare for their graduation ceremonies I asked the students to write a short paragraph about their wish for their future. I thought you would like to read some of their thoughts.
“I think it is very sad that many people don’t have a home and a warm bed to sleep in. I want to dedicate my time helping out at a homeless shelter since I don’t think it is enough just to give money.”
“I would like to use my success for (a) good (purpose). I will go to Mass every Sunday and give donations to the less fortunate. I want to be a good faith-filled husband that can provide for my family.”
“Since I was young I had dreamed of doing missionary work…I would like to provide education to those children who cannot afford to go to school…I would like to build a school for the children, hospitals for the sick.”
“I vision my future using my talents in a good and positive way. I would like to work for a company that helps better my community and the world around us.”
“I hope that I will be able to bring the example of Christ wherever I go…I know that God has a plan for me and I am willing to accept any path that He chooses.”
“The most important gifts that God has given me are my family and friends. I have been blessed with a loving family…They allow my siblings and I to attend a Catholic school to help guide our faith. My friends also help me in many situations. They give me advice and the laughter I need to continue each day.”
“My greatest hope for the future is to become a nurse for third world countries…to help children who have cancer or other diseases…I would like to encourage them to know that they should never give up on their faith, because with God everything is possible…I would like to be a nurse when I grow up to reflect God’s power working through me to save others.”
“My talent is that I can sing and I think God gave me this talent because he wants me to sing in churches…Although it is abnormal for a lot of eighth graders to sing in church I believe it is a great, important necessity…I intend (to use) this talent to help people believe in the good
news of God.”
“Most of all I want to do whatever God has planned for me.”
These are truly words of wisdom from our 14 year old graduates. Let us pray for them as they grow toward the full stature of adults in our Church and in our world.
God bless you all.
Fr. Hildebrand
No comments:
Post a Comment