Friday, June 22, 2007

Festival

Dear Friends in Christ,

By the time you read these lines our parish Festival will be in its second day (if the Lord’s second Coming or some other big event doesn’t intervene). I have been watching the progress of this year’s festival over the past months and I must tell you that I have been humbled by the generosity of our people.


A BIG THANK YOU goes to Fr. Pascal for heading up this year’s festival. But I know he has relied on a committee of extraordinary parishioners who have given of their time, talent and treasure to make this year’s festival a success. Here are some amazing examples. One older Vietnamese gentleman sold more than 800 raffle tickets! Another parishioner designed and built the “grand entrance” with the beautiful fountain that welcomed you to the festival. Another parishioner gave up her time to obtain sponsorships worth more than $20,000.

One of our Latino parishioners went door to door seeking help with food donations. A small group of dedicated men and women set up and painted our festival booths. Others on the committee worked on everything from entertainment to electricity and from licenses to lavatories. All the committee chairpersons came to meetings and worked out the details that go into this grand enterprise. But how can I forget the festival mascot!? Fr. Norbert and the school donated the giant inflatable St. John the Baptist (and the lamb) who has presided over the festival site for the past ten days.

Finally, I want to thank all of you who have supported the NEW ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST FESTIVAL, a family festival that makes use of local talent and the ingenuity
of dedicated parishioners. May the Lord reward you for everything you have done.

Sincerely yours in Christ,

Fr. Hildebrand

No comments: